Sunday, April 21, 2013

My "What Not" quilt finished.....(aka Affairs of the Heart)

Well, here I am again with the "What Not" quilt.  The What Not to do with a quilt except finish it.....
It's needleturn applique, beautiful batiks....I started quilting this quilt, oh like 4 or 5 years ago.  I put way to close stitching.  I echoed the quilting abut 1/4" apart, some 1/8" apart.  I got a few squares done and decided, forget this, I will never get this quilt quilted, so I put it up,  Yes, it became a UFO of the worst kind.....in the dark places of a closet.  A friend at work kept saying, when are you going to finish that quilt, and also one of my blog friends Momma T, is finishing her UFO's this year.

Anyway, I pulled the quilt out and started machine quilting that puppy......it looks great, and like I said in my previous post.  Who can tell from 50 yards wasy.....it really is pretty, so glad I finished it.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love those bright colours against the black background!
    Well done on getting that quilt out and finishing it.
    Well worth it, its beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete