Sunday, April 7, 2013

my WHAT NOT quilt

This is my "Affairs of the Heart" quilt.  I finished this top, oh yes, all hand applique, about 4 years ago.  Then I started handquilting it, way to much quilting, I got so tired of quilting this I put it up, yes for 4 years.  Today I decided, what the heck, I will never ever get it hand quilted. So I pulled it out of my UFO stack and started free motion quilting.  That is where the "WHAT NOT" name came from
That means "what not to do on a quilt".....lol  by golly it's going to be finished, tho.  And you know from 50 yards no one will ever know..

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! When it's finished you can enjoy using it. It looks so beautiful here in you pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful Paula.
    You just know when it's time to get it finished no matter what quilting you do..it will all blend in together...hand and machine quilting.
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect isn't finished ;) and this is gorgeous as usual

    ReplyDelete