Wednesday, January 12, 2011

THINK BIG!
designer Lorraine Hoffman
American Patchwork & Quilting Magazine
Feb. 2011 issue
Ok, new project I've been working on for awhile now.  I fell in love with this quilt when I saw it in the magazine.  Thought "Oh I can make that out of my stash"  WRONG!!!!!  I had 3 of the black background fabrics, had to buy another black.....had to buy the green for leaves, had to buy some reads for the flowers. I actually had the blue fabric,  yeah!.......I decided I would use wonder-under and machine "blanket stitch" the applique down, I am still not sure if I will use black thread or clear on the applique.......anyway....took awhile to trace the pattern pieces onto the WU......iron it onto the fabrics. 

You know the prep process for a quilt can be quite time consuming, but it is all worth it.....and this is a "quickie quilt"  ...... I almost have all the pieces cut out, David has fallen behind in helping me cut out, I have been doing it myself, lol.............these black squares are huge I think 26" x 26".....anyway, as you can tell
my Quilting OCD is alive and well.   I had to control it to get Aunt Millie Gets Her Funk On finished, now it is out of control again.......but all the quilts will get finished.

Here is a picture of the quilt in the magazine.  I have named it...."Don't be bashful Rose"..... don'tyou just love that name.....


1 comment: